Thursday, July 28, 2011

The clock is ticking at the rate of a snail's pace.....

Maybe it's just me, but this week has seemed to last an eternity! Maybe it is because I have two BIG news announcments this week.  Or maybe it is because one of my doctors that usually works on Wendnesday's worked on Tuesday this week and threw me off.  Whatever the reason is, I feel like I keep asking, "Is it Friday yet??"

First big announcement of the week, my biopsy results, and phewwww it's not cancer! However, it is a Central Giant Cell Tumor. Blah. Sounds silly if you ask me.  What this is, is a tumor that typically grows in longs bones like the humerous or femur. They don't really know what causes them, but it could be hyperparathyroidism (which can cause calcium deficiencies or over production), or it could be something else.  The current plan of action is to continue to see the oral surgeon every three to four weeks and keep the tumor open (this is a PAIN when it comes to eating) until the baby is born. He is hoping that the tumor will shrink enough to make the surgery easier.  After the baby is born, he will take me to surgery, remove the tumor, apply liquid nitrogen to the remaining bone, and fill the area with bone graft.  Blah, blah, blah! I am hoping for a miracle (similar to Brother John's for those of you who know what I mean) so maybe after the baby is born it will be TINY?!

Anyway, enough about me, let's talk about baby! If I got a dollar for everytime someone asked me what the gender was, well...I wouldn't be rich, but I definately would have all my lunches paid for this week. Ha, so we will find out Saturday night! Woohooo, FINALLY! In all reality, I think that time is ticking twice as slow as usual is because I absolutely cannot get the daydreams out of my mind! I keep seeing visions of Ryan and I cutting the cake! :) This gives me such a GIDDY feeling, it's unreal!
While I cannot tell you what it is, or what the baby's name will be, I can tell you initials.  :) K.P. for girl or boy! This gives me the most giddy feeling of all! Because as soon as we see that cake, this baby will be our baby, K______ Puckett!

Oh yeah, clear the road friends, Sunday (after the Sunday school social) I'M GOING SHOPPING!!!! I've been waiting on this day for.....oohh about 14 weeks!!! Team Pink or Team Blue? We will soon find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment